To be considered official participants and to qualify for prizes, all participants must meet the following requirements:
- The participant must be enrolled full-time in grade 9 or lower since the September immediately prior to the competition.
- The student must not have turned 15 on or prior to December 31st of the school year during which he/she is participating in Mock Math Challengers competitions. (For the 2016-2017 school year this is date is December 31st, 2016.)
- The participant must be attending school full-time (elementary, middle, secondary, virtual, or home-schooled) since or before Sept 15, 2016. This does not include tutoring or enrichment centers.
- No participant may take part in both the grade 8 and grade 9 divisions.
- Each school can send a maximum of 6 teams of up to 5 members each, distributed between the grade 8 and grade 9 categories in however way they want.
- Each school can send any number of individual "Swing" competitors. However, the CSSMA staff reserves the right to cap individual participation due to spacing issues.
- The CSSMA staff reserves the right to disqualify or disallow a team member from participating in the Mock Math Challengers competition if he/she violated any of the above rules.