In the article below, "the Corporation" refers to the Canadian Secondary School Mathematics Association/Association Mathématique des Écoles Secondaires Canadiennes.
Your permission to use our website is conditioned upon the following Use Restrictions and Conduct Restrictions: You agree that you will not under any circumstances:
- post any information that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory, libelous, or racially, sexually, religiously, or otherwise objectionable and offensive;
- use our services for any unlawful purpose or for the promotion of illegal activities;
- attempt to, or harass, abuse or harm another person or group;
- use another user’s account without permission;
- provide false or inaccurate information when registering an account;
- interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper functioning of our services;
- make any automated use of the system, or take any action that we deem to impose or to potentially impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our servers or network infrastructure;
- bypass any robot exclusion headers or other measures we take to restrict access to our services or use any software, technology, or device to scrape, spider, or crawl our services or harvest or manipulate data; or
- publish or link to malicious content intended to damage or disrupt another user’s browser or computer.
Posting and Conduct Restrictions.
When you create your own personalized account, you may be able to provide User Generated Content. You are solely responsible for the User Generated Content that you post, upload, link to or otherwise make available via our services. You agree that we are only acting as a passive conduit for your online distribution and publication of your User Generated Content. The Corporation, however, reserves the right to remove any User Generated Content from our services at its discretion.
The following rules pertain to User Generated Content. By transmitting and submitting any User Generated Content while using our services, you agree as follows:
- You are solely responsible for your account and the activity that occurs while signed in to or while using your account;
- You will not post information that is malicious, false or inaccurate;
- You will not submit content that is copyrighted or subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy, publicity, trade secret, etc., unless you are the owner of such rights or have the appropriate permission from their rightful owner to specifically submit such content; and
- You hereby affirm we have the right to determine whether any of your User Generated Content submissions are appropriate and comply with these Terms of Service, remove any and/or all of your submissions, and terminate your account with or without prior notice.
You understand and agree that any liability, loss or damage that occurs as a result of the use of any User Generated Content that you make available or access through your use of our services is solely your responsibility. The Corporation is not responsible for any public display or misuse of your User Generated Content. The Corporation does not, and cannot, pre-screen or monitor all User Generated Content. However, at our discretion, we, or technology we employ, may monitor and/or record your interactions with our services.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Canadian Secondary School Mathematics Association and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. Opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other information or content made available through our services, but not directly by the Corporation, are those of their respective authors, and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such authors are solely responsible for such content. The Corporation does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information on our services and neither does the Corporation adopt nor endorse, nor is the Corporation responsible for, the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made by parties other than the Corporation. The Corporation takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User Generated Content that you or any other user or third party posts or sends over our services. Under no circumstances will the Corporation be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from anyone’s reliance on information or other content posted on our services, or transmitted to users.
Though the Corporation strives to enforce these Terms and Conditions of Usage, you may be exposed to User Generated Content that is inaccurate or objectionable. The Corporation reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor the materials posted in the public areas of our services or to limit or deny a user’s access to our services or take other appropriate action if a user violates these Terms and Conditions of Usage or engages in any activity that violates the rights of any person or entity or which we deem unlawful, offensive, abusive, harmful or malicious. The Corporation shall have the right to remove any such material that in its sole opinion violates, or is alleged to violate, the law or this agreement or which might be offensive, or that might violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of users or others. Unauthorized use may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution under Federal, State and local law. If you become aware of misuse of our services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Canadian Secondary School Mathematics Association. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Canadian Secondary School Mathematics Association takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
By posting any User Generated Content via our services, you expressly grant, and you represent and warrant that you have a right to grant, to the Corporation a royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, list information regarding, edit, translate, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, and make derivative works of all such User Generated Content and your name, voice, and/or likeness as contained in your User Generated Content, if applicable, in whole or in part, and in any form, media or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed, for use in connection with our services.
You acknowledge and agree that we and our licensors retain ownership of all intellectual property rights of any kind related to our services, including applicable copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary rights. Other product and Corporation names that are mentioned on our services may be trademarks of their respective owners. We reserve all rights that are not expressly granted to you under this Agreement.